Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Rambling of a Simple Girl

I have learned to love the simple fool in me - the one who feels too much, says too much, takes too many risks, gives too much, and loses too much. The simple fool that I am. The fool that I love. The fool is the part of me that I love best. She doesn't care about winning, as she often loses. It isn't that she lacks self-control, she just chooses to let go. She simply loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries, and she just does what comes natural to her. She is not fearful of losing. She has loved and lost, and she's been hurt before, but she is still standing. She is not embarrassed or ashamed of what others might think.

She simply lives to explore each day and each interaction as a new opportunity to be free from social dictates. She is no bohemian by any means. She is a lover of life, a seeker of humanity with an abiding need to put herself, her simple foolish self, on the line, open to the world around her, expectant of the next emotional roller coaster that we humans ride each day. Moment to moment, heart to heart, giving to give, and living to love.

Yes, I love the simple fool that I am. Even when it hurts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?